forrest-user mailing list archives

From Cameron McCormack <...@mcc.id.au>
Subject Re: Own type of documen transformed to document-v20
Date Sun, 14 May 2006 10:31:32 GMT
Gav:
> Ok, will take another look, but initially I assumed you wanted to use
> DTDs as you declared them in your code, this is why it is failing as
> It can not find the specified DTD.

Right, OK.  I just declared them because, from looking at the sample
sitemap.xmap file, I gathered that was the way you had to do it.

> To my thinking, it was probably easier to create the DTD rather than
> Go around removing all your references to it.
>
> You would need to declare your <status></status> element somewhere,
> Either in a new DTD or add it to v20.
>
> I am not an expert in this, just throwing in what bit I know. Not
> Sure if you can do all you are trying to just with xslt.

OK, forget I mentioned DTDs. :-)

There must be some way I can tell Cocoon/Forrest, via the sitemap.xmap
file, that when a file called status.xml is requested, it should be
passed transformed with a particular XSLT file into a document-v20
document, and from there, converted into either HTML or PDF, as would
normally be done.  Cocoon is quite complicated, though, and I haven't
yet got my head around it.  (Nor do I quite understand the relationship
between Forrest and Cocoon...)

--
 Cameron McCormack			ICQ: 26955922
 cam (at) mcc.id.au			MSN: cam (at) mcc.id.au