forrest-user mailing list archives

From Joao Miguel Ferreira <...@estg.ipvc.pt>
Subject is Forrest easilly scriptable ?
Date Mon, 08 May 2006 13:46:41 GMT
Hello all at Forrest,

this might be a crazy idea... is Forrest easiy sriptable ?

I've used Forrest for 2 or 3 documents I've written (and I love it).

Know I'm involved in a project that will need to automatically,
periodically, send pdf documents as e-mail attaches to system
administrators. Why not Forrest for the doc generation ?

Can I easilly embedd forrest inside shell scripts ? Just gessing: 1) I
would generate XML automatically; 2) I would generate png images
automatically; 3) then I would invoque forrest; 4) then I would remove
the pdf file from the 'site' sub-dir and send it by e-mail....

Can anyone comment on this ? Is Forrest the tool I'm searching for ? or
are there other tools (bessides Forrest) that are more adequate ?

Size is not a problem.

Thanks all.

jmf