forrest-user mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Internal server error with french character
Date Sun, 07 May 2006 20:02:24 GMT
El vie, 05-05-2006 a las 22:23 +0000, Jérôme escribió:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to Forrest and I think it really interesting and powerfull. But, now
> trying to create some content in french, I always get this message :

> Message: null

> Sender: org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet
>
> Source: Cocoon Servlet
>
> Request URI
>
> index.html
>
> cause
>
> Invalid byte 2 of 3-byte UTF-8 sequence.
>
> request-uri
>
> /index.html
>
> My index.html file contains :

You mean index.xml, right?

Try to add:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

> <!DOCTYPE document PUBLIC "-//APACHE//DTD Documentation V2.0//EN"
> "http://forrest.apache.org/dtd/document-v20.dtd">
> <document>
>   <header>
>     <title>Topophile - Accueil</title>
>   </header>
>     <section id="Introduction">
>       <title>Introduction</title>
>     </section>
> </document>
>
> I took the index template file and simply change the first section. The letter é
>  seems to displease Forrest : removing it, the page is well displayed. Any
> letter of extended latin set (é, è, à, ô, etc...) is unhandled correctly and
> same message everytime (boring).

That is weird I have tried with the fresh-site and added ñ é to the
index.xml, when I render the site with "forrest" it is working like a
charm.

Requesting
file:///home/thorsten/src/apache/forrest-trunk/main/fresh-site/build/site/index.html I can
see the special characters.

I as well tested 'forrest run' and http://localhost:8888/index.html is
working fine as well.

It seems to me that you have chosen a different encoding the UTF-8 for
xml.

The *first* line of the xml document should read:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

> Since I have seen web pages in French which have been created with Forrest, I
> guess something is wrong with mine : surely, I missed commenting/uncommenting //
> installing/uninstalling something somewhere but I cannot find it out. Could you
> please give me a hint ? It would be very helpful. I try to uncomment the in8i
> comment in forrest.properties (just to try) but it doesn't change forrest's
> behaviour.

No, it should work out of the box.

See above the most important thing is the encoding of the xml file.

HTH

salu2
--
thorsten