forrest-user mailing list archives

From Clay Leeds <webmaes...@mac.com>
Subject Re: images from openoffice files doesn't display in PDF output
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2006 05:44:29 GMT
On Apr 3, 2006, at 11:22 AM, Jan Zelenka wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I use openoffice plugin (0.8-dev) to generate HTML and PDF output from
> openoffice sxw files. When sxw file contains images these are
> correctly
> displayed in HTML but not in PDF.
> It's not caused by unsupported image format or problem with picture
> size or
> adjusting high/width ratio.
> I think it's caused by some image location problem (for html output
> images
> are saved into openOfficeEmbeddedImage\zip-swxfilename.sxw\file-
> Pictures\
> subdirectory)
>
> Have anybody encountered (and solved :)) this problem?
>
> thanks, Jan

Sorry for the delay in the response. I've encountered the problem
myself. I haven't taken a look at why, but I suspect you're correct
that the image location hasn't been established when the image is
requested by FOP. It's also possible that the template which converts
the OOo file to PDF doesn't accommodate for images (I seriously doubt
this is the case). I think the document you want is the
document2fo.xsl template.

I'm working on something else right now, so I can't take a look. But
others on the list might have an answer.

Clay Leeds
webmaestro@mac.com

-- HH Dalai Lama of Tibet