forrest-user mailing list archives

From Clay Leeds <webmaes...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Problem with plugin 'is not available in the build dir'
Date Thu, 20 Apr 2006 21:52:02 GMT
On Apr 20, 2006, at 1:02 AM, Ross Gardler wrote:
> Cyriaque Dupoirieux wrote:
>> le 20/04/2006 07:38 Web Maestro Clay a écrit :
>>> I'm having problems getting plugins working. I was able to use it
>>> previously, but I can no longer even run `forrest init-plugins`.
>>>
>>> Q: If it was working before, what have you done to make it stop
>>> working?
>>> A: I started making modifications to the ODT plugin's
>>> stylesheets. While testing I noticed it wasn't working. After
>>> searching the archives, I decided to try checking out a fresh
>>> copy from svn. Unfortunately (after changing $FORREST_HOME to
>>> point to the fresh svn checkout) I receive the same error.
>> The plugin is not defined in any of plugins descriptor file
>> because it have never been deployed in the forrest site.
>
> Correct evaluation (i.e. not in the whiteboard plugin descriptor
> file), wrong reason.
>
> All plugins should appear in the descriptor file. These entries
> must be added manually at this time There is an issue to generate
> them from the plugin build information, I've done about 50% of the
> work towards this, but not found the time for the other 50% yet.
>
>> Two solutions :
>> First the simple one :
>>     cd $FORREST_HOME/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.odt//
>>     $FORREST_HOME/tools/ant/bin/ant local-deploy
>> Second, much more complicated but no need of further local-
>> deployment :
>>             Define the plugin in a file of your choice (let's say
>> MyPluginsDescriptor.xml)
>
> Why not just add it to the whiteboard descriptor file?
>
> Ross

Thank you both! I've added it to the whiteboard descriptor file. I
was going to submit a PATCH to whiteboard-plugins.xml, but I've just
noticed an OpenDocument plugin (I thought that was what I was working
on! :-). As that question is mildly off-topic I'll ask about it.

BTW, in case I or someone else needs this info Cyriaque meant for me
to go here:
cd $FORREST_HOME/whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.odt

(in Cyriaque's haste to help, 'whiteboard/' was omitted)...

Clay Leeds
webmaestro@mac.com

-- HH Dalai Lama of Tibet