forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ferdinand Soethe <ferdin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: index files with lucene which are not in site.xml
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2006 18:01:20 GMT

Christian Prause wrote:

> I am trying to set up a forrest (0.7) site with about 3000 xml files in
> it. I added them to site.xml, which turned out not to be such a good
> thing, because the generated html files are very large. So I removed
> most of the references from site.xml, and only left some pages in it,
> which link to the other pages.
> So far, this works. But the problem is, now Lucene doesn't index those
> files. Is there something I could do?

You could put those files back in site.xml and add the
type="showWhenSelected" to all page-elements (those that have no
children).

Then reference the individual pages from normal html-pages with links.

Then use the scales-skin instead pelt. Scales is derived from pelt
(same look and feel) but interprets the above mentioned attribute in a
way, that keeps pages small even when menus reference all items.

Comile the seed site with scales-skin to see the effect in the samples.

--
Ferdinand Soethe