forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problem with plugin 'is not available in the build dir'
Date Thu, 20 Apr 2006 09:03:33 GMT
Cyriaque Dupoirieux wrote:
> le 20/04/2006 10:02 Ross Gardler a écrit :
>
>> Cyriaque Dupoirieux wrote:

>>> The plugin is not defined in any of plugins descriptor file because
>>> it have never been deployed in the forrest site.
>>

>> Correct evaluation (i.e. not in the whiteboard plugin descriptor
>> file), wrong reason.
>
> Right,
>

>> All plugins should appear in the descriptor file. These entries must
>> be added manually at this time There is an issue to generate them from
>> the plugin build information, I've done about 50% of the work towards
>> this, but not found the time for the other 50% yet.
>
> Maybe I can help on this, it's
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-532 but I cannot see your svn
> submissions...

[I've set the reply-to field to the dev list - this has moved on now]

Sorry, must have forgot to but the issue number in the commits.

 From memory all I have done is make the necessary information available
in the build.xml and added some hooks to the plugin deployment code.

What needs to be done now is (off the top of my head):

- XSL to create a plugins descriptor from the build.xml information
- add a sitemap match to create a plugin descriptor
- change sitemap match for plugins.xml files in core to aggregate each
descriptor in to the complete descriptor file

>> Why not just add it to the whiteboard descriptor file?
>
> Of course, but a commiter must do this.

Or a user supplies a patch.

> BTW, we still miss several plugins declaration like
> org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.php and org.apache.forrest.themes.core.
> Do I add them ?

I see no reason for keeping any plugins out. If you do add them then you
should deploy the descriptor (I think it is "ant deploy-descriptor", but
may be wrong).

Ross