forrest-user mailing list archives

From Cyriaque Dupoirieux <Cyriaque.Dupoiri...@pcotech.fr>
Subject Re: Problem with plugin 'is not available in the build dir'
Date Thu, 20 Apr 2006 08:48:48 GMT
le 20/04/2006 10:02 Ross Gardler a écrit :
> Cyriaque Dupoirieux wrote:
>> le 20/04/2006 07:38 Web Maestro Clay a écrit :
>>
>>> I'm having problems getting plugins working. I was able to use it
>>> previously, but I can no longer even run `forrest init-plugins`.
>>>
>>> Q: If it was working before, what have you done to make it stop
>>> working?
>>> A: I started making modifications to the ODT plugin's stylesheets.
>>> While testing I noticed it wasn't working. After searching the
>>> archives, I decided to try checking out a fresh copy from svn.
>>> Unfortunately (after changing $FORREST_HOME to point to the fresh
>>> svn checkout) I receive the same error.
>>
>> The plugin is not defined in any of plugins descriptor file because
>> it have never been deployed in the forrest site.
>
> Correct evaluation (i.e. not in the whiteboard plugin descriptor
> file), wrong reason.
Right,

> All plugins should appear in the descriptor file. These entries must
> be added manually at this time There is an issue to generate them from
> the plugin build information, I've done about 50% of the work towards
> this, but not found the time for the other 50% yet.
Maybe I can help on this, it's
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-532 but I cannot see your svn
submissions...

>> Two solutions :
>> First the simple one :
>>
>>     cd $FORREST_HOME/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.odt//
>>     $FORREST_HOME/tools/ant/bin/ant local-deploy
>>
>> Second, much more complicated but no need of further local-deployment :
>>             Define the plugin in a file of your choice (let's say
>> MyPluginsDescriptor.xml)
>
> Why not just add it to the whiteboard descriptor file?
Of course, but a commiter must do this.
BTW, we still miss several plugins declaration like
org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.php and org.apache.forrest.themes.core.
Do I add them ?

Salutations,
Cyriaque,