forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <>
Subject Re: Problem with plugin 'is not available in the build dir'
Date Thu, 20 Apr 2006 08:02:09 GMT
Cyriaque Dupoirieux wrote:
> le 20/04/2006 07:38 Web Maestro Clay a écrit :
>> I'm having problems getting plugins working. I was able to use it
>> previously, but I can no longer even run `forrest init-plugins`.
>> Q: If it was working before, what have you done to make it stop working?
>> A: I started making modifications to the ODT plugin's stylesheets.
>> While testing I noticed it wasn't working. After searching the
>> archives, I decided to try checking out a fresh copy from svn.
>> Unfortunately (after changing $FORREST_HOME to point to the fresh svn
>> checkout) I receive the same error.
> The plugin is not defined in any of plugins descriptor file because it
> have never been deployed in the forrest site.

Correct evaluation (i.e. not in the whiteboard plugin descriptor file),
wrong reason.

All plugins should appear in the descriptor file. These entries must be
added manually at this time There is an issue to generate them from the
plugin build information, I've done about 50% of the work towards this,
but not found the time for the other 50% yet.

> Two solutions :
> First the simple one :
>     cd $FORREST_HOME/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.odt//
>     $FORREST_HOME/tools/ant/bin/ant local-deploy
> Second, much more complicated but no need of further local-deployment :
>             Define the plugin in a file of your choice (let's say
> MyPluginsDescriptor.xml)

Why not just add it to the whiteboard descriptor file?

View raw message