forrest-user mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: local copy of document-v20.mod
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2006 10:07:46 GMT
Victor Okunev wrote:
> Is it possible to have a modified version of document-v20.mod for a
> particular project? Where would I place it? I tried placing it in
> <PROJECT-HOME>\src\documentation\resources\schema\dtd but it did not
> work.

You can hack the main one at
$FORREST_HOME/main/webapp/resources/schema/dtd

Alternatively make a copy and give it your own
PublicIdentifier (see below).

You probably need a driver file as well
(document-v20-victor.dtd) which references
document-v20-victor.mod using its PublicIdentifier.

The copied document-v20-victor.* would go in your
project at <PROJECT-HOME>\src\documentation\resources\schema
and make a catalog.xcat file to declare your new resources.

There is an example catalog.xcat in a 'forrest seed' site.

The entries in your project catalog.xcat would be
like this:
<public publicId="-//Victor Okunev//DTD Documentation V2.0//EN"
        uri="document-v20-victor.dtd"/>
<public publicId="-//Victor Okunev//ENTITIES Documentation V2.0//EN"
        uri="document-v20-victor.mod"/>

Use that DTD PublicIdentifier at the top of your
XML instances.

Good luck, it is a minefield. The main thing to
bear in mind is that with Forrest's Catalog Entity
Resolver it is the PublicIdentifiers that drive
everything.

-David