forrest-user mailing list archives

From "Victor Okunev" <ven...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: lost id attribute in embedded HTML form
Date Fri, 31 Mar 2006 08:57:40 GMT
I mostly use id attribute in HTML tags as a "name space" designator
for CSS selectors. For example, if I add the following custom style to
the skinconf.xml

#contact_form input, #contact div.label {
  background-color: #f0f0f0;
}

, I don't have to worry that it may affect <input> elements any place
else, besides my form. Also, I won't have naming collisions with CSS
classes defined by someone else, which is otherwise may be hard to
avoid.

<form id="contact_form" .....>
    <input ...../>
</form>