forrest-user mailing list archives

From peter.dyks...@donovandata.com
Subject Re: locationmap
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2006 17:39:00 GMT
Thank you!  I hope to look into this in about a month, so I will probably
show up on the dev site about then and pepper you with questions. But at
that point I'd be glad to help out with docs if I can.

Ross Gardler <rgardler@apache.org>
03/02/2006 11:46 AM
Please respond to
user@forrest.apache.org

user@forrest.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: locationmap

peter.dykstra@donovandata.com wrote:

> Along those lines but in a different area, can Forrest pull
> docs/sitemaps from Daisy repositories, either with the locationmap or
> other ways?

Yes, we have a Daisy plugin to do this. You can only do it using the
locationmap, this means you need 0.8 of forrest, which is currently in
development. So you will need to check out SVN head, in there you will
find the daisy plugin at FORREST_HOME/whiteboard/plugins/...

Install forrest, Change to the plugin directory and do "forrest run",
you will see the docs for the Daisy plugin, which include examples of
how to get things working. BUT...

This is a whiteboard plugin using some of the latest developments in
Forrest head. Both are stable enough for use in a production environment
(I use them myself, and the Cocoon docs are now generated using this
plugin). However, the docs are not exactly detailed.

If you want to use it you will probably have lots of questions. Join us
on the dev list and help us improve the docs so that we can move this
plugin out of whiteboard.

Ross