forrest-user mailing list archives

From peter.dyks...@donovandata.com
Subject locationmap
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2006 16:23:54 GMT
Along those lines but in a different area, can Forrest pull docs/sitemaps
from Daisy repositories, either with the locationmap or other ways?

Ross Gardler <rgardler@apache.org>
03/02/2006 10:58 AM
Please respond to
user@forrest.apache.org

user@forrest.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: Forrest as Windows-Service: Solution Firedeamon

Michael Conneen wrote:
> What we do is watch a Forrest/Maven source directory in CVS... upon
> check in .. we simply copy the content to the deployed webapp.. and
> yes.. we used context descriptors as well. ;)

You will love the locationmap then (coming in the 0.8 release, fully
operational in SVN head). Using the locationmap you can tell Forrest to
retrieve the content directly from your CVS server (or any other such
server). You will no longer need to copy the content to the deployed
webapp, instead the webapp will pull it when it is needed.

Ross