forrest-user mailing list archives

From Clay Leeds <webmaes...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Output or generate a single page with Forrest, Other CLI parameters
Date Wed, 22 Mar 2006 21:57:28 GMT
Your response cam just as I sent in my response... ;-)

On Mar 22, 2006, at 1:48 PM, David Crossley wrote:
> Web Maestro Clay wrote:
>> Please forgive me as I've asked this before (I can't find the e-mail
>> archive) but I don't see it the FAQ, and it's not listed in
>> `forrest -
>> projecthelp` output.
>>
>> How do I output or generate a Single page with Forrest?
>
> You don't, but you can start 'forrest' at that page.
> http://forrest.apache.org/faq.html#single-document
>
> Perhaps you are thinking of the new plugin in
> the whiteboard for 0.8-dev called
> org.apache.forrest.plugin.internal.DevTools
> It is a whiteboard plugin.
>
> It enables a page to be saved from 'forrest run'.

Great!

>> Also, is there a list of command line parameters/variablees you can
>> apply to Forrest? (e.g., -Dskip.contentcheck=yes)?
>
> I gather that any property can be used like that.
> But one would need to be sure of the effect. I think
> that there is something in the documentation about
> using command-line properties. Use google.
>
> -David

I had an epiphany, and realized that the 'any property' you're
referring to are those in the forrest.properties file. And that
answers my question. I didn't realize those properties were available
to be called from the command line.

Thank you!

Clay Leeds
webmaestro@mac.com