forrest-user mailing list archives

From "Jim Douglas" <jd...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: STRUTS
Date Mon, 27 Mar 2006 14:06:07 GMT
>From: Thorsten Scherler <thorsten.scherler@wyona.com>
>To: user@forrest.apache.org
>Subject: Re: STRUTS
>Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 12:10:08 +0200
>
>El dom, 26-03-2006 a las 16:09 +0000, Jim Douglas escribió:
> > I have a STRUTS base app and want to integrate it with Forrest.
> >
> > What Forrest config file would I need to modify to point to my STRUTS
> > actions?
>
>Hi Jim.
>
>That depends.
>
>There is *no* standard way to connect Struts with Cocoon.
>
>What are you trying to archive?

I just want to connect the struts actions to the tabs and menus on the top
and left.

>Can you keep 2 different apps (struts and forrest) on two different
>ports?

Would they have to be on different ports if I integrate into one webapp?

>What are your actions are doing? You are aware that using actions would
>mean to use forrest in dynamic mode?

I have and input form to capture data and I also generate dynamic HTML based
on input from the users.  I am using dynamic mode

>Do you want to get rid of struts-config.xml or want to keep it?

I think I want to keep it.  It seems this would be the most flexible option.

>Are you using old fashion skins or the dispatcher? Are you using shale?

Skins.  No Shale.

>BTW with the dispatcher it is quite simple to connect forrest with
>what-so-ever.

Is the Dispacher available in 0.7?  When do you think .8 will be available?

>salu2
>--
>Thorsten Scherler
>COO Spain
>Wyona Inc.  -  Open Source Content Management  -  Apache Lenya
>http://www.wyona.com                   http://lenya.apache.org
>thorsten.scherler@wyona.com                thorsten@apache.org

Thanks,
Jim