forrest-user mailing list archives

From "Jim Douglas" <jd...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: META tags
Date Sun, 26 Mar 2006 22:36:34 GMT
>From: Brian M Dube <brian.dube@gmail.com>
>To: user@forrest.apache.org
>Subject: Re: META tags
>Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 14:37:55 -0600
>
>Jim Douglas wrote:
>>I am going to submit my site to goole search, can anyone tell me what file
>>I would need to modify to change the meta tags?  This is currently what I
>>see when I view source,
>>
>><META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
>>

>>Jim
>
>To add a meta tag to that output, include it in the relevant document:
>
><document>
>   <header>
>     <title>Document Title</title>
>
>And the skin will take care of the rest. If you need to 1) change or remove
>the default tags, or 2) add tags to all documents, then you may need to
>customize the skin. If you need assistance with (1) or (2), I'd be happy to
>help.
>
>Brian

This is what I have in index.xml, it's not working.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE document PUBLIC "-//APACHE//DTD Documentation V2.0//EN"
"http://forrest.apache.org/dtd/document-v20.dtd">
<document>
  <header>
	  <title>Instutions</title>
  </header>

I have tried the meta tags before and after the title.

Jim