forrest-user mailing list archives

From "Woods, Christopher" <cwo...@EO.Kollmorgen.com>
Subject Why no Forrest wiki?
Date Fri, 17 Mar 2006 15:02:05 GMT
Okay, I just checked http://wiki.apache.org/general/ and found there is
no Forrest wiki.  No matter I'll submit my findings to Xindice's wiki or
just submit them as part of Forrest's documentation.  Still, why no wiki
for Forrest?  Or is it simply that no one has stepped up?

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Woods, Christopher
Sent: Friday, March 17, 2006 9:21 AM
To: user@forrest.apache.org
Subject: Using Forrest With Xindice Wiki Article

Hi Folks,

Thanks to David Crossley for the reply.  I'm making some progress using
his suggestions.  The first part of this post describes the steps I've
taken so far.  I post them here for comments and corrections as I plan
to document what I learn here and add it to the Forrest wiki.

Thus far, I have this:

Include XMLDB block in the properties file

NOTE:  This article describes how to generate a Forrest site using
documents stored in Apache Xindice.  It is assumed that you are using
Forrest 0.7 on Windows.

1. Open the 'blocks.properties' file in the
$FORREST_HOME/etc/cocoon_upgrade directory.

2. Save the file as 'local.blocks.properties'.

3. Make the following edits to the file:

Change '#include.block.xsp=false' to 'include.block.xsp=true'
Change '#include.block.database=false' to 'include.block.database=true'
Change '#include.block.xmldb=false' to 'include.block.xmldb=true'

4. Save and close the file.

QUESTIONS:

1. The next step is to edit the configuration file at
$FORREST_HOME/main/webapp/WEB-INF/xconf/forrest-core.xconf but what
changes need to be made?

2. Plain old Cocoon 2.1.8 has an embedded version but I don't think this
is true of Forrest's Cocoon trunk. How do I point cocoon trunk to my
install of Xindice?

Thanks very much to everyone responding to this thread.

Chris