forrest-user mailing list archives

From "Woods, Christopher" <cwo...@EO.Kollmorgen.com>
Subject Using Forrest With Xindice Wiki Article
Date Fri, 17 Mar 2006 14:21:04 GMT

Hi Folks,

Thanks to David Crossley for the reply.  I'm making some progress using
his suggestions.  The first part of this post describes the steps I've
taken so far.  I post them here for comments and corrections as I plan
to document what I learn here and add it to the Forrest wiki.

Thus far, I have this:

Include XMLDB block in the properties file

NOTE:  This article describes how to generate a Forrest site using
documents stored in Apache Xindice.  It is assumed that you are using
Forrest 0.7 on Windows.

1. Open the 'blocks.properties' file in the
$FORREST_HOME/etc/cocoon_upgrade directory.

2. Save the file as 'local.blocks.properties'.

3. Make the following edits to the file:

Change '#include.block.xsp=false' to 'include.block.xsp=true'
Change '#include.block.database=false' to 'include.block.database=true'
Change '#include.block.xmldb=false' to 'include.block.xmldb=true'

4. Save and close the file.

QUESTIONS:

1. The next step is to edit the configuration file at
$FORREST_HOME/main/webapp/WEB-INF/xconf/forrest-core.xconf but what
changes need to be made?

2. Plain old Cocoon 2.1.8 has an embedded version but I don't think this
is true of Forrest's Cocoon trunk. How do I point cocoon trunk to my
install of Xindice?

Thanks very much to everyone responding to this thread.

Chris