forrest-user mailing list archives

From Clay Leeds <webmaes...@mac.com>
Subject Re: OpenOffice.org Plugin List styling problem
Date Fri, 24 Mar 2006 14:07:37 GMT
On Mar 23, 2006, at 5:03 PM, Web Maestro Clay wrote:
> I'm wondering if anyone has come up with a solution to an
> OpenOffice.org problem where it inconsistently styles lists. Here's
> a relevant snippet of the OpenOffice.org Writer's 'content.xml' file:

<snip>

> NOTE: The above change was made to both of the following files:
> forrest/trunk/plugins/
> org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.OpenOffice.org/resources/
> stylesheets/openoffice-writer-to-forrest.xsl
> forrest/trunk/build/plugins/
> org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.OpenOffice.org/resources/
> stylesheets/openoffice-writer-to-forrest.xsl
>
> Any ideas?

The OpenOffice styling system is tough to get a handle on. I may
choose the style 'Heading 2', but it seems to be that if the style
didn't come directly from the Forrest sample file in the Forrest plug-
in directory (even if those styles have been 'loaded' into the
current document via Styles Load [x] Overwrite), Forrest doesn't
generate the style as expected.

I was able to workaround the list problem to some degree (95%
effective) by selecting above and below the list area and applying
the 'Default' paragraph style.

Unfortunately, I am having additional problems applying 'Heading x'
styles. They get translated into <p class="Heading 2"> elements
instead of <h2>:

I think the problem is that I'm starting from blank documents and
importing the Forrest-related styles, rather than starting from the
Forrest documents. I'm going to see about modifying OpenOffice.org
startup system, so new documents are based on Forrest's 'openoffice-
writer.sxw'.

One other relevant point, is that I'm using NeoOffice/J (a Mac OS X/
Java port of OpenOffice.org based on 1.1.5 which doesn't require X11).

Clay Leeds
webmaestro@mac.com

-- HH Dalai Lama of Tibet