forrest-user mailing list archives

From Michael Conneen <mconn...@infointegrators.com>
Subject Re: Use case: Forrest or Cocoon?
Date Sat, 11 Mar 2006 06:27:48 GMT

Brian,

Interesting question.   You COULD natively do in Cocoon what Forrest
does for you.. but.. that is what Forrest does!     To me, Forrest is
an XML standards based documentation framework built upon Cocoon.
There are are numerous plugins (pdf, png, forms, etc.) that you can
simply plug in and use within the Forrest framework.  If you want to
render the site statically, then create your source (either by editing
the raw XML.. or.. more likely having other utilities generate it for
you) and then task Forrest to generate it for you.. or you can have it
dynamically generated from the Cocoon based Forrest Webapp.

So.. in short.. it depends on your needs.  From what you described, it
sounds as if you are certainly on the right track.

Kind Regards,

Michael L. Conneen
Information Integrators, Inc.
http://www.infointegrators.com