forrest-user mailing list archives

From Clay Leeds <webmaes...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Output or generate a single page with Forrest, Other CLI parameters
Date Wed, 22 Mar 2006 21:53:32 GMT
On Mar 22, 2006, at 11:20 AM, Web Maestro Clay wrote:
> Please forgive me as I've asked this before (I can't find the e-
> mail archive) but I don't see it the FAQ, and it's not listed in
> `forrest -projecthelp` output.
>
> How do I output or generate a Single page with Forrest?

I think I found it under the heading "1.7. What is the best way to
generate "standalone documents" using Forrest?":

# The URL to start crawling from
#project.start-uri=linkmap.html

I guessed that it could use the prefix '-D' as in the following, and
it worked:

forrest -Dproject.start-uri=index.pdf

I noticed that the docs do not contain info on how to use this
feature with the Command Line Interface (CLI), which might be a good
feature to add--not just for this, but for any parameters which can
be used from the CLI.

The problem was that I was searching for 'single page' or 'single-
document'' (which is the ANCHOR name, but not the heading name, and
hence my searches never found it).

As I alluded to above, I'd still like to see the following reference
added:

> Also, is there a list of command line parameters/variablees you can
> apply to Forrest? (e.g., -Dskip.contentcheck=yes)?

Thanks!

[1]
http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_80/faq.html#single-document

Clay Leeds