forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <>
Subject Re: Plugin List styling problem
Date Fri, 24 Mar 2006 17:05:10 GMT
Clay Leeds wrote:
> On Mar 24, 2006, at 6:45 AM, Ross Gardler wrote:
>> Clay Leeds wrote:
>>> I think the problem is that I'm starting from blank documents and
>>> importing the Forrest-related styles, rather than starting from  the
>>> Forrest documents. I'm going to see about modifying
>>> startup system, so new documents are based on  Forrest's 'openoffice-
>>> writer.sxw'.
>> That sounds like a good solution. If you figure out how to do this
>> then a patch for the docs would be welcome.
> Editing Default Styles - NeoWiki (from the NeoOffice/J project)
> The main problem I have with this solution, is that it now starts  with
> a page full of Forrest stuff (it contains all the content of
> openoffice-writer.sxw, rather than just its styles.
> Any ideas to improve this?

When the original plugin was created the intention was to use a template
rather than a document. I remember there being a problem with this, but
can't remember what it is - will be in the dev archives.

If the  problem with tempaltes still exists you could create a "Forrest"
blank document as your seed. You'll still have to do a "Save As" to give
it your own name though.

View raw message