forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Output or generate a single page with Forrest, Other CLI parameters
Date Wed, 22 Mar 2006 22:44:05 GMT
Clay Leeds wrote:
> Your response cam just as I sent in my response... ;-)
>
> On Mar 22, 2006, at 1:48 PM, David Crossley wrote:
>
>> Web Maestro Clay wrote:
>>
>>> Please forgive me as I've asked this before (I can't find the e-mail
>>> archive) but I don't see it the FAQ, and it's not listed in  `forrest -
>>> projecthelp` output.
>>>
>>> How do I output or generate a Single page with Forrest?
>>

>> You don't, but you can start 'forrest' at that page.
>> http://forrest.apache.org/faq.html#single-document
>>
>> Perhaps you are thinking of the new plugin in
>> the whiteboard for 0.8-dev called
>> org.apache.forrest.plugin.internal.DevTools
>> It is a whiteboard plugin.
>>
>> It enables a page to be saved from 'forrest run'.
>

> Great!

If you use this be *very* careful, it is a very early stage development.
It does not guarantee a completely built site, it only saves the page
you are viewing. This is fine if the skin, site.xml and tabs.xml remain
unchanged (i.e. only the body has changed), but if any of those files
have changed you will need to do a full forrest site.

This is a really important new feature and we really need help
developing it.

>>> Also, is there a list of command line parameters/variablees you can
>>> apply to Forrest? (e.g., -Dskip.contentcheck=yes)?
>>

>> I gather that any property can be used like that.
>> But one would need to be sure of the effect. I think
>> that there is something in the documentation about
>> using command-line properties. Use google.
>>
>> -David
>

> I had an epiphany, and realized that the 'any property' you're
> referring to are those in the forrest.properties file. And that  answers
> my question. I didn't realize those properties were available  to be
> called from the command line.

Not just forrest.properties, but Cocoon specific properties and Java
properties too.

Ross