forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <>
Subject Re: Strange new cocoon/excalibur concurency exception
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2006 10:02:23 GMT
Helena Edelson wrote:
> Does anyone know what would cause a concurrency build issue in an xml
> file in xdocs that previously had  never
> generated a build or run issue, is generated properly by the server in
> run, yet on build, fails with the messages:
> java.util.ConcurrentModificationException: File already beng
> written by another thread
> and the packages/class/methods that are unhappy:
> org.apache.excalibur.source.impl.FileSource.getOutputSteam(
> org.apache.cocoon.bean.CocoonBean.processTarget(
> org.apache.cocoon.bean.CocoonBean.process(
> the next forrest output is
> [dir/file] BROKEN: URI not found: File [path][dir/file] is already being
> written by another thread
> There are no entries in my logs to offer hints on this.
> I stopped/started the server, cleared cache, checked the file, it is
> just standard text/xdoc,
> the only place it is called is site which is correct. THis came out of
> no where.
> using F0.7

I have no idea what causes this, but I have vague recollections about
someone else coming across this. If I remember correctly they did a
"build clean" of Forrest and that solved it.

If that doesn't work search the user and dev archives for the error
message, you should find the thread.

View raw message