forrest-user mailing list archives

From Nigel Hardy <...@aber.ac.uk>
Subject Re: Access to the query part of the URL
Date Sat, 04 Mar 2006 14:25:40 GMT
Tim Williams wrote:

>On 3/3/06, Nigel Hardy <nwh@aber.ac.uk> wrote:
>

>>Nigel Hardy wrote:
>>

>>>I can happily skin the output of php scripts using redirect-to, the
>>>FileGenerator etc. as suggested in the Cocoon documentation and at
>>>various times on this list. That works just fine for me.
>>>Unfortunately, some of the php scripts I want to use like this take
>>>query parts in the URL to set parameters. I can't see how to get hold
>>>of those in a matcher or selector. I can catch
>>>"this/that/theother.php" and skin it, but how do I get hold of the
>>>parameter from "this/that/theother.php?var=42" to feed that to the
>>>FileGenerator?
>>>

>>Thank you for the quick and informative replies. I think they can be
>>summed up as simple redirection is not possible because the query parts
>>get disassembled. I would need to re-build a new URL if the original has
>>an unknown list of parameters. The mechanisms work on known parameters.
>>
>>Thanks.
>>
>>Nigel
>>

>I think that's a hasty summation;)  Take a look:
>http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/InputModules
>
>Look for "RequestModule (JXPath)", specifically, the queryString
>property.  It'll let you pass it along in full: {request:queryString}

That is what I was looking for!

Sorry if my question was not sufficiently clear. With Tim's call I now
have a general plugin which will let me skin the output of php scripts
but, should those scripts themselves produce links to scripts with query
strings, then the subsequent "parameterised call" is also skinned. My
application is a set of prototype database interface scripts which is
becoming unwieldy to manage as a set. Forrest will allow me to quickly
provide a navigation front end which, conveniently, can be part of a
pre-existing project site generated by Forrest.

Nigel

p.s. Well, I will have such a plugin when I have done the fleshing out.

--
Nigel Hardy     Tel: +44 1970 622 434.   http://users.aber.ac.uk/nwh/