forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Access to the query part of the URL
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2006 17:15:58 GMT
Tim Williams wrote:
> On 3/3/06, Nigel Hardy <nwh@aber.ac.uk> wrote:
>
>>Nigel Hardy wrote:
>>

>>>I can happily skin the output of php scripts using redirect-to, the
>>>FileGenerator etc. as suggested in the Cocoon documentation and at
>>>various times on this list. That works just fine for me.
>>>Unfortunately, some of the php scripts I want to use like this take
>>>query parts in the URL to set parameters. I can't see how to get hold
>>>of those in a matcher or selector. I can catch
>>>"this/that/theother.php" and skin it, but how do I get hold of the
>>>parameter from "this/that/theother.php?var=42" to feed that to the
>>>FileGenerator?
>>
>>Thank you for the quick and informative replies. I think they can be
>>summed up as simple redirection is not possible because the query parts
>>get disassembled. I would need to re-build a new URL if the original has
>>an unknown list of parameters. The mechanisms work on known parameters.
>>
>>Thanks.
>>
>>Nigel
>

> I think that's a hasty summation;)  Take a look:
> http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/InputModules
>
> Look for "RequestModule (JXPath)", specifically, the queryString
> property.  It'll let you pass it along in full: {request:queryString}

Tim and I seem to be overlapping with our replies on this thread :-), I
see he has seen a second potential use case that you may be describing.

Without understanding the use case it's hard to know exactly what to
suggest, If you can't follow what we are suggesting it really would help
to give a concrete example of what you want to do then we can give
unambiguous answers. Clearly your generic request to "get hold of the
parameter from "this/that/theother.php?var=42" to feed that to the
FileGenerator?" is not a detailed enough use case as we have provided a
number of ways of doing this.

Ross

Ross