forrest-user mailing list archives

From Nigel Hardy <...@aber.ac.uk>
Subject Re: Access to the query part of the URL
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2006 16:55:11 GMT
Nigel Hardy wrote:

> I can happily skin the output of php scripts using redirect-to, the
> FileGenerator etc. as suggested in the Cocoon documentation and at
> various times on this list. That works just fine for me.
> Unfortunately, some of the php scripts I want to use like this take
> query parts in the URL to set parameters. I can't see how to get hold
> of those in a matcher or selector. I can catch
> "this/that/theother.php" and skin it, but how do I get hold of the
> parameter from "this/that/theother.php?var=42" to feed that to the
> FileGenerator?

Thank you for the quick and informative replies. I think they can be
summed up as simple redirection is not possible because the query parts
get disassembled. I would need to re-build a new URL if the original has
an unknown list of parameters. The mechanisms work on known parameters.

Thanks.

Nigel

--
Nigel Hardy     Tel: +44 1970 622 434.   http://users.aber.ac.uk/nwh/