forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forrest as Windows-Service: Solution Firedeamon
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2006 15:58:10 GMT
Michael Conneen wrote:
> What we do is watch a Forrest/Maven source directory in CVS... upon
> check in .. we simply copy the content to the deployed webapp.. and
> yes.. we used context descriptors as well. ;)

You will love the locationmap then (coming in the 0.8 release, fully
operational in SVN head). Using the locationmap you can tell Forrest to
retrieve the content directly from your CVS server (or any other such
server). You will no longer need to copy the content to the deployed
webapp, instead the webapp will pull it when it is needed.

Ross