forrest-user mailing list archives

From Johannes Schaefer <johannes.schae...@uidesign.de>
Subject Re: Forrest as Windows-Service: Solution Firedeamon
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2006 16:19:17 GMT
Gunther Sablon wrote:
> Hi again,
> I am not the commercial guy, so I won't put any advertisments... ;-)

me neither, the ad was for forrest :-)

> We used the command  'forrest webapp'. We deployed the generated webapp
> under Tomcat only once.
> We don't have to recreate any webapp when changing the XML sources; all
> changes are immediately visible.

How do you do this?
You edit the files in the webapp directory, I suppose?

Johannes

> Regards,
> Gunther
>
> Johannes Schaefer wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> With 'forrest war' (and friends) you create a webapp that you may
>> deploy in Tomcat but it is necessary to re-create it everytime
>> there are changes in the XML sources.
>>
>> Having 'forrest run' as a service the well-known and excellent
>> in-place editing and on-demand rendering features [1] of Forrest
>> work still the same. (End of advertisement)
>>
>> See also the following threads
>>  http://tinyurl.com/l74a6
>>  http://tinyurl.com/z4bgv
>> (both on http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/forrest-user/)
>>
>> Cheers
>> Johannes
>>
>> [1] http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_70/your-project.html#webapp
>>

>> Gunther Sablon wrote:
>>

>>> Hi again,
>>> apparently http://forums.firedaemon.com/viewtopic.php?t=65 describes the
>>> differences between the two solutions.
>>> Regards,
>>> Gunther

Fon +49 (0)7141 377 000 * Fax  +49 (0)7141 377 00-99
Geschäftsstelle: User Interface Design GmbH * Lehrer-Götz-Weg 11 * D-81825 München
www.uidesign.de

www.user-interface-tuning.de