forrest-user mailing list archives

From Web Maestro Clay <the.webmaes...@gmail.com>
Subject Enabling/Creating a new style for OpenOffice.org files
Date Mon, 27 Mar 2006 01:04:11 GMT
What are the steps to create a new style to be passed from
OpenOffice.org documents to a final output? Ideally, it would be best
to create a pipeline to pass any style with the prefix 'Forrest:'.
Then, we could add the relevant style(s) to skinconf.xml.

My gut tells me these are the steps:

1. Create a new style in my OpenOffice.org document, then...

2. Follow the example in this file:

     forrest/trunk/plugins/
org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.OpenOffice.org/
     resources/stylesheets/openoffice-writer-to-forrest.xsl

3. reate a new <xsl:template/> element like this:

   <!--+
       | Instructional step
       +-->
   <xsl:template match="text:p[@text:style-name='P2']">
       <xsl:apply-templates/>
   </xsl:template>

4. Add a relevant style to <extra-css> in skinconf.xml?:

   <extra-css>
     <!-- .. -->
     p.rightBox {
       border: solid 1px #a00000;
       float:right;
       text-align: right;
     }
   </extra-css>

Please confirm and/or add any necessary steps... Eventually, it may
end up in the Forrest How-To section... :-)

Thank you!

Clay Leeds
the.webmaestro@gmail.com

-- HH Dalai Lama of Tibet