forrest-user mailing list archives

From Web Maestro Clay <the.webmaes...@gmail.com>
Subject OpenOffice.org Plugin List styling problem
Date Fri, 24 Mar 2006 01:03:04 GMT
I'm wondering if anyone has come up with a solution to an
OpenOffice.org problem where it inconsistently styles lists. Here's a
relevant snippet of the OpenOffice.org Writer's 'content.xml' file:

<text:unordered-list text:style-name="L1">
   <text:list-item>
     <text:p text:style-name="P1">
       Direct sale from wet or exchange inventory
     </text:p>
   </text:list-item>
   <text:list-item>
     <text:p text:style-name="P1">
       Exchange delivery from wet or exchange inventory
     </text:p>
   </text:list-item>
   <text:list-item>
     <text:p text:style-name="P1">
       Pipeline and truck transfers
     </text:p>
   </text:list-item>
   <text:list-item>
     <text:p text:style-name="P1">
       Purchases or exchange receipts into wet inventory
     </text:p>
   </text:list-item>
   <text:list-item>
     <text:p text:style-name="P1">
       Product, volume, price, tax, or freight adjustments
     </text:p>
   </text:list-item>
   <text:list-item>
     <text:p text:style-name="P1">
       Outright reversal of a previously-billed invoice
     </text:p>
   </text:list-item>
   <text:list-item>
     <text:p text:style-name="P2">
       Exchange settlements
     </text:p>
   </text:list-item>
</text:unordered-list>

NOTE: I did not specifically apply the style P2 to the last item, and
I can't seem to get rid of it.

Forrest appears to wrap the text for each list-item with <p></p>
tags, which doesn't seem to 'help', as seen in the
Forrest HTML Output:
<ul>
<li>
</li>
<li>

</li>
<li>
</li>
<li>
</li>
<li>
</li>
<li>
</li>

<li>
</li>
</ul>

Although I want to use the 'class="instruction"' for other documents,
I tried commenting out the XSL in the two plugins files as follows,
but it didn't help:

   <!--+
       | special list format p2
       |
       | 0verwrites template in openoffice-common2forrest
       | to allow for bulleted list item 'forrest: instructional
step' in oo to
       | become a simple para with a class-attr in forrest (instruction)
       | In order to do so, this template omits the <ul>-Element
       | and bypasses the processing of the <li>-Element.

       +-->
      <!-- Commented out by CL 20060323
   <xsl:template match="text:unordered-list[@text:style-name='L2']">
       <xsl:apply-templates select="text:list-item/text:p"/>
       <xsl:apply-templates select="text:list-item/text:unordered-
list"/>
       <xsl:apply-templates select="text:list-item/text:ordered-list"/>
   </xsl:template>
      -->

   <!--+
       | Instructional step
       +-->
       <!-- Commented out by CL 20060323
   <xsl:template match="text:p[@text:style-name='P2']">
       <xsl:apply-templates/>
   </xsl:template>
      -->
</xsl:stylesheet>

NOTE: The above change was made to both of the following files:
forrest/trunk/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.OpenOffice.org/
resources/stylesheets/openoffice-writer-to-forrest.xsl
forrest/trunk/build/plugins/
org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.OpenOffice.org/resources/stylesheets/
openoffice-writer-to-forrest.xsl

Any ideas?

Clay Leeds
the.webmaestro@gmail.com