forrest-user mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: OpenOffice.org Plugin docs for 0.8-dev
Date Wed, 22 Mar 2006 22:08:20 GMT
Web Maestro Clay wrote:
> The documentation page for the 0.8-dev plugin documentation[1] has a
> few broken links[2]. I assume they exist in their respective
> plugins_0_70/ locations like [3].

We know, but thanks anyway. There are a few issues
with plugins deployment.

To see local documentation, cd to the relevant
plugin directory and do 'forrest run' or 'forrest site'

See http://forrest.apache.org/docs/dev/howto/howto-buildPlugin.html
for how to locally deploy a plugin.

> BTW, that leads to a couple of questions:
> - Are the plugins unchanged between 0.7 & 0.8-dev?

When a plugin gains functionality that binds it
to version 0.8, then it gets its "forrest version"
number incremented in its build.xml and in plugins.xml

Otherwise when new functionality is added, then
the "plugin version" number is incremented.

See each plugin's changes.html for its list
of changes for each version.

> - Are there some plugins which work in one version but not the other?

See above.

-David