forrest-user mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forrest server engine question
Date Wed, 22 Mar 2006 21:36:35 GMT
Helena Edelson wrote:
> Hi,
> I already run forrest apps but am setting up a new hosting account to
> start fresh with pure Cocoon.
> Between tomcat, forrest/forrestbot, cocoon, I need no other engines for
> my forrest apps to run, correct?
> (I can do free install of jboss, geronimo, jrun but I have pretty much
> stopped doing j2ee apps
> bcause Forrest/Cocoon is so much fun) :-)

If i understand your question, yes, Cocoon webapps
and Forrest webapps can be run side-by-side in the
same servlet container, e.g. Jetty or Apache Tomcat.

The Forrest webapps (and the forrestbot web interface)
use their own packaged Cocoon.

However, look at our issue tracker. There have been
some issues with 'forrest war' etc. I have also
seen some issues that i cannot yet describe.

-David