forrest-user mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Why no Forrest wiki?
Date Sat, 18 Mar 2006 02:02:56 GMT
Woods, Christopher wrote:
> Okay, I just checked http://wiki.apache.org/general/ and found there is
> no Forrest wiki.  No matter I'll submit my findings to Xindice's wiki or
> just submit them as part of Forrest's documentation.  Still, why no wiki
> for Forrest?  Or is it simply that no one has stepped up?

Good question. It comes up from time-to-time.

Our plan is to collaborate with Apache Lenya
to be able to edit our docs directly. [1]

Until that time we encourage people to create
an xdoc for Forrest. You have the source in
$FORREST_HOME/site-author

If people really want to go the standard Wiki
route then use Cocoon's Wiki and we will move
it over later.

However please note that our docs are a valuable
resource and we prefer them in our Subversion.

[1] See the Forrest mail archives for past
discussions of this. Keywords: wiki, lenya, doco.
Also see the the brand new Doco plugin on the
Forrest-dev mail list.

-David