forrest-user mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forrest 0.7 install issues
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2006 18:48:29 GMT
El mié, 01-03-2006 a las 11:41 -0600, jdwilliams@austin.rr.com escribió:
> Running JDK 1.4.2 and attempting to install apache-forrest-0.7 on
> Windows XP.
>
> I cd to FORREST_HOME/site-author and type 'forrest run' or 'forrest' and
> get a lot of Java errors.
>
> When I try to run the webapp (forrest run) and point my browser to
> localhost:8888, I get the following.
>
> Could not find component for role:
> [org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.input.InputModule/lm]
> (Key='org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.input.InputModule/

That seems like a plugin issue. In 0.8-dev we introduced the locationmap
(lm) not only in the core but as well for the plugins.

Having said this a quick fix is to
cd FORREST_HOME/plugins
and then cd to all the plugins mentioned in the forrest.properties and
do "ant local-deploy":
# The names of plugins that are required to build the project
# comma separated list (no spaces)
# Run "forrest available-plugins" for a list of plug-ins currently
available
project.required.plugins=org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.dtdx,org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.projectInfo,org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.POD,org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.pdf,org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.Text,org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.wiki,org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.OpenOffice.org

I reckon there is a better way (I recall to change the version number
but cannot quite remember - should be in dev archive), but that should
fix your problem for now.

HTH
--
thorsten