forrest-user mailing list archives

From Clay Leeds <webmaes...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Forrestbot help
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2006 00:16:54 GMT
On Feb 23, 2006, at 4:05 PM, David Crossley wrote:
> Web Maestro Clay wrote:
>> I'm having problems setting up & running forrestbot for Apache XML
>> Graphics site.
>
> It looks like Jeremias set it up six months ago.
> Does it work for him? Doing 'ls -l' on the server
> looks like he made some doc changes recently.

Yes, Jeremias is able to make changes.

I volunteered to migrate xml.apache.org/batik over to
xmlgraphics.apache.org/batik, and that is 99.9% complete (all traffic
to xml.apache.org/batik is re-directed to xmlgraphics.a.o). The only
thing left, is to change the actual Batik links on the Forrest-
generated PMC site 'xmlgraphics.apache.org' to point to
xmlgraphics.a.o/batik instead of xml.a.o/batik.

> I am wondering if it is just an SSH issue for you.
> Can you use scp from your local commandline?
>  scp text.txt people.apache.org:/www/xmlgraphics.apache.org

It's entirely possible. The above works...

> Note that ASF projects are supposed to store their
> generated documents in SVN. That is what we do for
> the Forrest website. That way we use svn and not scp.

The source (xdocs) are in SVN, but the generated site is not.

> Anyway using scp should still be possible with the
> forrestbot and still work in your case.
>
> Another issue (but this should not stop anything from
> working yet). You need to soon stop using cvs.apache.org
> and start using people.apache.org (same machine, just
> a better hostname.
>
> -David

I am using people.apache.org, but not for this. For this, I'm using
the 'old' publish.xml file in SVN. I'll make that change and commit it.

Clay Leeds
webmaestro@mac.com

-- HH Dalai Lama of Tibet