forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: deploying forrest with environment variables
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2006 23:03:57 GMT
Gilles VANDAELE wrote:
> Hi,
> I'd like to deploy forrest as a webapp, and include the environment as a
> parameter in the command line. This parameter should be used to set some
> variable in the site.xml, depending on the environment targeted.
> Any way to pass variable from Ant to site.xml?

I'm not aware of any easy way to do this in 0.7, it can be done in
0.8-dev very easily.

Do you want the hard way (0.7) or the easy way (0.8-dev)?

Either way, please provide a speicifc example of what you want to do,
i.e. what property, how will it be used. Please provide code where
possible, it prevents confusion in the explanation.

Ross