forrest-user mailing list archives

From Johannes Schaefer <johannes.schae...@uidesign.de>
Subject Re: Forrest Windows Service (in Tomcat): Plugins don't work
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2006 14:33:43 GMT

Ross Gardler wrote:

>>> Someone else just had a similar problem and it turned out being due to
>>> using the wrong version of the plugin.  Plugins have been modified at
>>> this point to use the new locationmap feature but this wasn't
>>> supported in 0.7.  You might want to recheck what version of each
>>> plugin you're using.
>
> Yes, that is the problem. We are currently discussing (on dev) how to
> fail more gracefully in this situation (or even recover automatically).
>
>> These are the plugins I use:

>> project.required.plugins=org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.pdf,org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.simplifiedDocbook,org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.excel,org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.projectInfo
>>

>> All of them seem to be unversioned and forrest does a 'local-deploy'.
>> Do I need to put a version number somewhere? I remember I've read
>> something about this in a thread ...
>
> Yes, you should be able to look at the plugin descriptors page [1] to
> see the maximum plugin version that is compatible with your version of
> Forrest. However, this page seems to have got screwed up and is showing
> the 0.8 release info. However, you can still see that the latest plugin
> version does not work with 0.8.

Why do the latest not work with 0.8??
Which version of the plugins comes with 'svn co HEAD'?

> For example, using Forrest 0.7 you must use projectInfo 0.1.

Forrest 0.7 works as I described. Will describe in FOR-735.
Forrest-HEAD gives headaches.

BTW: I'm fine for now with 0.7

Johannes

> Ross
>
> [1] http://forrest.apache.org/pluginDocs/plugins_0_70/index.html

Fon +49 (0)7141 377 000 * Fax  +49 (0)7141 377 00-99
Geschäftsstelle: User Interface Design GmbH * Lehrer-Götz-Weg 11 * D-81825 München
www.uidesign.de

www.user-interface-tuning.de