forrest-user mailing list archives

From Johannes Schaefer <johannes.schae...@uidesign.de>
Subject Re: Forrest Windows Service (in Tomcat): Plugins don't work
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2006 11:16:04 GMT
Johannes Schaefer wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I resolved trying 'forrest webapp' to get forrest running as a
> Windows service and running it in tomcat.
>
> This is not a well-documented feature, e.g. I'm not sure about the
> differences between 'webapp', webapp-local' and 'war' options.
>
> To get it running, using forrest-0.7-377981:
>
> 1. Adapt web.xml, see http://tinyurl.com/cn5ep (Mail archive)
>
>   Now Forrest runs and produces some output but *not a single*
>   plugin works:
>     output.pdf, input.sdocbook, input.excel, input.projectInfo
>
> 2. Copy Forrest/build/plugins into the webapp dir and change
>    the plugins entry in
>      in webapps\my-project\WEB-INF\xconf\forrest-core.xconf
>      <plugins>@context.home@/plugins</plugins>
>    as described in http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-403
>    (which is marked as fixed).
>
> This seems to work using Forrest-0.7-latest.
>
> I also tried Forrest-HEAD (r377981) but 'forrest webapp' seems
> to be broken: it looks for tab2menu.xsl instead for the renamed
> tab-to-menu.xsl; 'forrest run' works fine.

sorry, this is wrong; it works except the plugins as in 0.7.
after performing steps 1 and 2, but it still doesn't work due
to some location-map thing?!
  Could not find ... [org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.input.InputModule/lm]

> Now, to get this mail out and keep it short ... I'm struggling with
> tomcat because I only can start it once: after stopping the service
> I get some java errors about a "valve". Will invesitgate but would
> appreciate any hints.

OK, seems that forrest is the culprit?
Tomcat service starts again after removing the forrest-generated webapp
directory. Copying the webapp back gets forrest back running -- until
I stop tomcat again.

Any help appreciated.
Johannes

> Cheers
> Johannes

Fon +49 (0)7141 377 000 * Fax  +49 (0)7141 377 00-99
Geschäftsstelle: User Interface Design GmbH * Lehrer-Götz-Weg 11 * D-81825 München
www.uidesign.de

www.user-interface-tuning.de