forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: XSL transformation as part of the page content?
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2006 13:03:00 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> El lun, 13-02-2006 a las 01:27 -0800, Victor Okunev escribió:
>
>>I guess this approach won't work if the transformation produces raw
>>html, which is not to be interpreted by Forrest. E.g. the result of my
>>transformation is not an HTML table but rather a <div>-based layout.
>>However, according to http://forrest.apache.org/dtd/document-v20.dtd,
>>these tags are not allowed in <body> element.
>>
>>I think a situation like this one is very typical: someone has a
>>legacy html that does not necessarily validates against Forrest DTD,
>>but it needs to be embedded to the page.
>

> ...and this is why we developing the dispatcher (new feature in 0.8-dev)
> which solves this problem. ;-)

It is possible to solve this problem with the dispatcher, however, this
is integration of content into individual pages. The dispatcher is not
ideal for this since it would require a new structurer definition for
each page wanting to include something different.

The xi:include, or XSL processing of the source content is more
efficient in this particular case. The dispatcher is more efficient if
you want to put the same content into a large number of pages.

Ross