forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <>
Subject Re: XSL transformation as part of the page content?
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2006 13:00:37 GMT
Victor Okunev wrote:
> I guess this approach won't work if the transformation produces raw
> html, which is not to be interpreted by Forrest. E.g. the result of my
> transformation is not an HTML table but rather a <div>-based layout.
> However, according to,
> these tags are not allowed in <body> element.

There is an html2document.xsl that can be used to convert HTML to XDoc.

However, you will find that most HTML tags will actually pass through
the internal processing and work as-is as far as HTML page generation is
concerned. Some strange effects may be seen in non-html output though,
so we advise to convert to XDoc.

> I think a situation like this one is very typical: someone has a
> legacy html that does not necessarily validates against Forrest DTD,
> but it needs to be embedded to the page.

View raw message