forrest-user mailing list archives

From Johannes Schaefer <johannes.schae...@uidesign.de>
Subject Re: AW: forrest on Windows as background process
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2006 08:37:17 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> Johannes Schaefer wrote:
>> Ross Gardler wrote:
<snip/>
> [...]
<snip/>

<snip/>
>> Can you confirm that I read the code correctly?
>> Why do you call 'ant ... init' first?
>>
>> 1. Invoke ant with
>>    -Dproject.home=%WORKING_DIR% \
>>    -Dbasedir=%FORREST_HOME%/main \
>>    -Dforrest.home=%FORREST_HOME% \
>>    init
>
> I forgot about that. The reason for the call is because there is some
> preparation that needs doing (install of plugins etc). I never
> implemented this in Java because it is not a long running process and
> therefore doesn't need to be stopped by the user (whereas the server does).

So if I got it right this may be done by 'forrest run' once
and stopping forrest again. Afterwards I may start forrest as
service using the following "command line"?

<snip/>

>> 2. Invoke jetty with
>>    %JETTY_CONF%/jettyconf.xml \
>>    %FORREST_CORE_WEBAPP% \
>>    %FORREST_ENDORSED_LIB% \
>>    %WORKING_DIR% \
>>    %CLASSPATH%
>>
>> quite sure about
>> WORKING_DIR  = project directory (where forrest.properties live)
>> FORREST_HOME = forrest installation directory
>> JETTY_CONF   = based on WORKING_DIR or wherever jettyconf.xml lives
>> CLASSPATH containing pratically all *.jar files within Forrest?!
>> guessing
>> FORREST_CORE_WEBAPP  = FORREST_HOME/main
>> FORREST_ENDORSED_LIB = FORREST_HOME/lib/endorsed
>
> From memory, that is all correct. If you hit problems I'll dig into the
> code with you.
>
> (I'm on and off IRC tonight as it is Forrest Friday)

Sorry, I usually cannot participate in FF :-(
But I'm trying to stay up-to-date somehow ...

Johannes

> Ross

Fon +49 (0)7141 377 000 * Fax  +49 (0)7141 377 00-99
Geschäftsstelle: User Interface Design GmbH * Lehrer-Götz-Weg 11 * D-81825 München
www.uidesign.de

www.user-interface-tuning.de