forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: pdf generation breaks
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2006 15:25:37 GMT
Joao Miguel Ferreira wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-02-02 at 03:44, David Crossley wrote:

> There really seems to be a size or dimensions issue. Let me explain: I
> have 2 images: one works the other doesn't work.
>
> The image that works was obtained form the other one, by using GIMP to
> reduce the size (pixels, width and height) to 50% (the big one, that
> doesn't work is 99.7K; the small one, that works is 7.2K). !!!!!!!!!

A number of us, many emails ago, pointed out that there is a problem if
FOP cannot layout the image because it is too large. It is nothing to do
with the size of the file, but with the size of the image.

Set your height and width attributes to make them fit nicely on the
page. You were linked to an issue in the issue tracker with suggestions
for the max/min height and width values.

Ross