forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: pdf generation breaks
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2006 12:12:22 GMT
Joao Miguel Ferreira wrote:
>>I just tried that with the current trunk 0.8-dev.
>>It seems that using the PNG which is generated from
>>and SVG does not appear in the PDF. However a pre-prepared
>>GIF or PNG are both okay.
>>
>><figure src="../images/project.png" alt="generated PNG from SVG"/>
>><figure src="../images/project-logo.gif" alt="pre-prepared GIF"/>
>><figure src="../images/icon.png" alt="pre-prepared PNG"/>
>>
>>Have not tried with 0.5.1 sorry.
>>
>>-David
>

> David,
>
> what do you mean by "generated PNG from SVG" and "pre-prepared..." ? Are
> you using some tool to convert formats before feeding the files to
> forrest ? If that's the case, is GIMP ok for the job ?

David is referring to the fact that Forrest will dynamically create a
PNG image from an SVG document (i.e. "generated PNG from SVG"). By
"pre-prepared" he means an image that is already a binary image as
opposed to an SVG source document.

However, you give more information later in this thread that indicates
this does not relate to your problem as you are using binary images.

Ross