forrest-user mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using forrestbot to publish via SVN
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2006 04:29:03 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> Web Maestro Clay wrote:
> >I've successfully modified my forrestbot to publish to the xmlgraphics [1].
> >
> >I did receive some warnings (which could be due to my recent  migration

> >Any idea what's wrong here?
>
> Nothings wrong, they are warnings not errors.
>
> The problem is that the way of adding new files to SVN is a bit of a
> hack. It adds everything. Of course, many of the files have already been
> added and so SVN outputs the above warnings.
>
> It would be better if we used "svn status" to identify files that need
> to be added, but to date nobody has made this improvement.

Yes, needs improvement.

Clay, the messages are saying "These generated files
are the specific ones that have changed since last
deployment of the website ... will add them to svn
... obviously they are already in svn, just being
changed."

So yeah, those are misleading messages. Take it to
mean "these are the new or changed files".

-David