forrest-user mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forrestbot help
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2006 23:28:27 GMT
Clay Leeds wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> >This is now fixed in both trunk and forrest_07_branch
> >http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-818
> >The deploy.scp workstage now uses keyfile/passphrase
> >in preference, then fallback to remote password.
> >
> >Also updated the doc at
> >http://forrest.apache.org/tools/forrestbot.html
>
> Just out of curiosity, how much of my contribution was helpful in
> this task?

It did help to spur me into action.

You didn't actually solve the issue. It would have
still prompted them for "password" if they were
trying to use keyfile/passphrase.

Also you confused "password" with "passphrase"
in the "scp" Ant task.

> Were my edits/updates to the file easy to use?

I didn't try to apply the patch, but it looked okay.
In future if you don't use 'svn diff' to generate the
patch then you need to say where you got the source from.
e.g. was it the actual 0.7 release or did you get it
directly from the SVN webserver
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/forrest/branches/forrest_07_branch/tools/forrestbot/core/
and what was the revision number.

> Is there
> anything you can tell me, which can help me make better contributions?

You made lots of changes that were unecessary.
Best to focus on the actual task. For example
you changed the deploy.scp.dest and added a
stack of new properties such as deploy.scp.remotehome
and deploy.scp.host etc. then computed deploy.scp.dest
None of that was related to FOR-818

Thanks for your efforts.

-David