forrest-user mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forrestbot help
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2006 05:19:14 GMT
I used deploy.scp with one of my own sites,
(i.e. not an apache.org site). Both methods
work: Using the simple method "deploy.scp.password"
of the remote user is okay. Changing the
forrestbot/core/deploy.xml so that the Ant task uses
keyfile/passphrase is also okay.

Then i tried to deploy.scp to my home directory
at people.apache.org which is also okay using the
keyfile/passphrase method. Sorry i cannot test the
"deploy.scp.password" because i cannot remember
my password there (i only ever use ssh).

If it helps you, here is the temporary Ant target
that i am using in forrestbot/core/deploy.xml ...

<target name="deploy.scp" unless="build.failed"
    description="FB: Deploy to a remote location via scp">
  <scp todir="${deploy.scp.dest}"
      keyfile="${deploy.scp.keyfile}"
      passphrase="${deploy.scp.passphrase}">
    <fileset dir="${build.site-dir}"/>
  </scp>
</target>

Here is my publish.xml forrestbot descriptor with
the evidence removed ...

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<project name="varietee" default="main">
  <property name="getsrc.local.root-dir" location="."/>
  <target name="getsrc" depends="getsrc.clean-workdir, getsrc.local"/>
  <property name="deploy.scp.dest" value="MyCommitterId@people.apache.org:temp/scp-test"/>
  <import file="deploy.settings"/>
  <target name="deploy" depends="deploy.scp"/>
  <property environment="env"/>
  <import file="${env.FORREST_HOME}/tools/forrestbot/core/forrestbot.xml"/>
</project>

And here is my deploy.settings with the evidence removed ...

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<project>
  <property name="deploy.scp.keyfile" value="/Users/MyLocalUsername/.ssh/id_rsa"/>
  <property name="deploy.scp.passphrase" value="MyPassPhrase"/>
</project>

-David