forrest-user mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forrestbot help
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2006 00:05:57 GMT
Web Maestro Clay wrote:
> I'm having problems setting up & running forrestbot for Apache XML
> Graphics site.

It looks like Jeremias set it up six months ago.
Does it work for him? Doing 'ls -l' on the server
looks like he made some doc changes recently.

I am wondering if it is just an SSH issue for you.
Can you use scp from your local commandline?
 scp text.txt people.apache.org:/www/xmlgraphics.apache.org

Note that ASF projects are supposed to store their
generated documents in SVN. That is what we do for
the Forrest website. That way we use svn and not scp.

Anyway using scp should still be possible with the
forrestbot and still work in your case.

Another issue (but this should not stop anything from
working yet). You need to soon stop using cvs.apache.org
and start using people.apache.org (same machine, just
a better hostname.

-David