forrest-user mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: pdf generation breaks
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2006 12:12:06 GMT
Joao Miguel Ferreira wrote:

> > I just tried that with the current trunk 0.8-dev.
> > It seems that using the PNG which is generated from
> > and SVG does not appear in the PDF. However a pre-prepared
> > GIF or PNG are both okay.
> >
> > <figure src="../images/project.png" alt="generated PNG from SVG"/>
> > <figure src="../images/project-logo.gif" alt="pre-prepared GIF"/>
> > <figure src="../images/icon.png" alt="pre-prepared PNG"/>
> >
> > Have not tried with 0.5.1 sorry.
>
> what do you mean by "generated PNG from SVG" and "pre-prepared..." ? Are
> you using some tool to convert formats before feeding the files to
> forrest ? If that's the case, is GIMP ok for the job ?

The images that are in the xdocs/images directory
are examples of some pre-prepared images. These are
already made with a tool like The Gimp. Yes GIF, PNG,
JPG, whatever.

A generated PNG from SVG is created by Forrest while
you are watching. If is does not find a pre-prepared
PNG image, then it will look for a matching .svg file
to generate an image. The project image banner at the
top of a 'forrest seed site' is one example.

-David