forrest-user mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thorsten.scher...@wyona.com>
Subject Re: XSL transformation as part of the page content?
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2006 13:28:29 GMT
El lun, 13-02-2006 a las 13:03 +0000, Ross Gardler escribió:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> > El lun, 13-02-2006 a las 01:27 -0800, Victor Okunev escribió:
> >
> >>I guess this approach won't work if the transformation produces raw
> >>html, which is not to be interpreted by Forrest. E.g. the result of my
> >>transformation is not an HTML table but rather a <div>-based layout.
> >>However, according to http://forrest.apache.org/dtd/document-v20.dtd,
> >>these tags are not allowed in <body> element.
> >>
> >>I think a situation like this one is very typical: someone has a
> >>legacy html that does not necessarily validates against Forrest DTD,
> >>but it needs to be embedded to the page.
> >

> > ...and this is why we developing the dispatcher (new feature in 0.8-dev)
> > which solves this problem. ;-)
>
> It is possible to solve this problem with the dispatcher, however, this
> is integration of content into individual pages. The dispatcher is not
> ideal for this since it would require a new structurer definition for
> each page wanting to include something different.
>
> The xi:include, or XSL processing of the source content is more
> efficient in this particular case. The dispatcher is more efficient if
> you want to put the same content into a large number of pages.

Well the current version of the dispatcher is really not ideal for it
*yet*, but I am ATM playing around with contract definitions *in* xdocs
(but xhtml2 based docs) and I can tell you that is *way* easier, but
this is a dev topic.

...and Victors problem is that he cannot use e.g. XInclude (it would be
better to use CInclude anyway because it is cacheable -> but this as
well a dev topic) because he want to add non valid markup (regarding
xdocs dtd) into his doc.

If he goes the XInclude road he needs to trigger the include *after* the
site2xhtml.xsl.

salu2
--
Thorsten Scherler